Paul has a significant and wide-range of jury trial experience in state and federal courts of matters involving medical malpractice, civil rights, business litigation, construction litigation, employment law litigation, tort liability, landlord/tenant issues, ERISA matters, property damage, and fire claims.
He advises hospitals, health insurers and health care practitioners on all legal issues, including medical malpractice, employment, risk management, and contracts. He has also represented municipalities in land use cases, public record cases, employment cases, civil rights cases, and general litigation.
Paul has been recognized over the years as one of Ohio’s Super Lawyers™ and Best Lawyers in America®, and has a Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio’s Super Lawyers™ (2010-2011)
- Best Lawyers in America®: Lawyer of the Year, Municipal Law, Akron (2021)
- Best Lawyers in America®: Lawyer of the Year, Employment Law- Individuals, Akron (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America®: Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law, Akron (2015)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2007-2024)
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV, which indicates very high to pre-eminent legal ability and very high ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the Bar.
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Stark County Bar Association
- Member, New Mexico Bar Association
- Past Board Member, Canton Players Guild
- Past Rotary Club Exchange Student to Ecuador (1982-1983)
Paul regularly speaks on employment law and government/public law.